Friday 1 April 2016

It's No Joke, it is her Birthday on April Fool's Day.


Birthday’s happen once a year but birthday’s that fall on the 1st April are extra special and so should be a cause for extra celebration, it’s a must. I celebrate my birthday in small and grand gestures but it is celebrated none the less. I was born on Good Friday my mom tells me, so this a very, very good thing.  
I decided to write up a Birthday Post, to do a celebration of my life. I have been on this earth for 28 years. That is such an amazing number. I wanted to put up some silly facts about me, write pretty much what I want and a have ball with this post. Happy Birthday to all the April Fool kids!

1st April, 1988.
The number 8 has always been my favorite number, being an 80’s baby is pretty cool too. I have not quite put it together why I was born on 01/04/1988 but I am sure it will make sense when I’m 88. I’m just so thrilled to be alive and happy, I must admit I obsess over my day, it’s no ordinary birthday. I have made some personal declarations, ushered in my day with a prayer of gratitude and excitement. Pure joy.

LEFT-HANDED.
I am left-handed and my hand writing proves so, I must admit it is not the neatest shame, I have tried many ways and now I have settled with this almost cursive slanted writing that does an almost decent job. Just like Mary, there is something about left handed folks, the world’s most famous people are south-pawed. I wouldn’t really make a big deal about being left-handed but all my life people have looked with surprise that I am a lefty, we are the minority in the world which automatically puts us the in the Cool Lefty Club and sorry you have to be born that way to be let in the Exclusive group. I mean there are websites listing them and a few I like are; Oprah Winfrey, Barack Obama, Whoopi Goldberg, Kutlwano Ditsele, Robert De Niro, Angelina Jolie, Bill Gates, Morgan Freeman…. You see where this story is going? 

   

I WEAR SPECTACLES.
I wear spectacles not because it’s fashionable but I have to in order to make my way around these streets. I have been on the specs since 14. I don’t like taking pictures with them on. I wear contact lenses occasionally. I would not consider laser eye surgery, it seems too extreme for me. I sometimes feel like Superman, when I remove my specs I am often told how different I look, I think I look the same people don’t see the way I do that’s all.

BLOGGING.
I have been blogging since 2009 the blog was once called Love Bug and it was so pretty but I struggled on a niche. I would check on it once every three or four months I wanted to let it go but something kept me till Film Bugg came to me and it all made sense. I truly love my blog, through it I have met filmmakers I have adored and admired in my career so far and this is the start really and I believe the more I work at it, more doors will be open for me. I decided to blog so I can share knowledge brought to me, that’s why I get a YES to all my requests. It’s quite simple. I love the film Industry.

I am a film graduate, I work and I love my job. My blog is an extension of my passion. Filmbugg was inspired by Akin Omotoso, when I was working in Johannesburg I would see him frequently and I wanted to sit down with him. Blogging I thought would be the outlet and since then it has blossomed, he told that I am the commander of my Destiny when we finally sat down a year later, I will never forget that. The year 2015 was a brilliant year for me and I will always say my life was changed. For reasons of growth and opportunity I am working on a new website with a new name in a way. I am very excited, consistency and quality is key. I hope to continue in doing so.     

WORDS.
I am filmmaker, Film Critic and Film Blogger. I am a believer, I love God. I love to cook and bake. I want to shoot Documentaries, Short Stories and Black & White videos. I want to travel the world and live in various parts of Africa, Europe and America. I want to dine with the world’s finest in my field. I want to fulfill my mission on earth and then after all of that settle with a small bakery and crèche. I have not written where because I don’t know where in this world I will be. Ella Fitzgerald said “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” Winning formula right?      
Peace and love..
















Photographer: Lesley Lehydro Mphanga
@lehydro on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment